Arnold & Siedsma is specialised in the protection of Intellectual Property, ranging from securing patents to registering and protecting trademarks, design and other rights. “We love intellectual property and it is what we do best”. For our office in Munich we are looking for a Formalities Officer.
An important characteristic of this job is the collaboration with your colleagues on the patent portfolio. You will be forming a team with fellow Formalities Officers and patent attorneys, within which you will be responsible for administrative and organisational handling of all tasks in the process of obtaining and preserving patents.
What will your role be?
- Administrative guiding of formal legal procedures concerning the obtaining and preserving of patents
- Responsibility for (international) correspondence, among which you keep contact with clients, international agents and patent granting authorities, for example the European Patent Office
- Registering and watching over terms
- Carrying out small accounting tasks
- Carrying out general tasks concerning office management
Who are we looking for?
You are an energetic and representative FO who shows initiative, knows how to prioritise and can handle stress.
- You have obtained at least a Bachelor degree
- You have (preferably) obtained a Formalities Officer degree
- You have experience as a Formalities Officer or related work experience
- You are proficient in the German and English language, preferably you also possess knowledge of a second language like Dutch or French
- You are independent and have excellent communication skills
- You have analytical skills, you work very accurately and are able to plan ahead
- You have a customer oriented attitude
What do we offer?
The next step in your career at an ambitious and professional organization within the business services sector, with a good reputation and high rankings (including IP Stars, WTR1000, IAM Patent). The great thing about this is that you can learn a lot in multiple areas. In addition, we have an informal work atmosphere. We offer a market-based salary and secondary terms of employment, including a good pension, the possibility to work partly from home and development opportunities through the A&S Academy, among others.
Who are we?
Arnold & Siedsma depends on brilliant ideas; not only the innovative ideas that can be patented, but also the good ideas of our own people.
Arnold & Siedsma exists more than 100 years and we are proud of that. The organization has grown into one of the largest full-service providers in the field of intellectual property. Approximately 160 employees work at our 11 offices in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and there is a healthy, sustainable growth ambition.
Our patent attorneys, trademark and design attorneys and lawyers are involved in protecting and enforcing intellectual property on a daily basis. They are happy to be supported in practice by skilled and inquisitive professionals. This results in a corporate culture that is characterized by a high degree of craftsmanship and professionalism in combination with a working atmosphere that focuses on knowledge transfer and cooperation.
Smart brains join us!
Are you looking to apply to this job? Send us your CV and your motivational letter at HR@arnold-siedsma.nl
If you would like more information about a prospective career at Arnold & Siedsma, please contact our HR department.